To Become a Yoga Therapist
• Must have minimum RYT 200 or 500.
• Must have been teaching for a minimum of 1 year.
• Must have a minimum one year of personal practice.
• Application must be filled out.
• Must complete extensive interview with program director.
1. Attendance at 8 on-site intensive modules. Modules run over the course of 2 years, one per season in the months of: April, July, October, & January. Length of modules is approximately 8.5 days in length.
2. Attendance at 8 quarterly meetings. In between modules, the quarterly meeting is held (usually on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon for 3 to 8 hours). These meetings are scheduled after the first module and continue between modules for a total of eight. For long distance students these meetings may be attended via Virtual means.
3. Must fulfill all criteria of the 210-hour practicum. Practicum provides students with the opportunity to hone their skills as a yoga therapist through a mentored experience. See details on practicum below.
3. Completion of 3 Independent Studies. Subjects include:
•Anatomy & Physiology
•Professional Practices: Core Project
4, Completion of readings, homework, and assignments in between modules.